Sunday, February 1, 2009


yeah, that pretty much sums up apple thinning.




pastis and pan fried trout with my french friend julien. bon apatite.



trout, it's what's for dinner.




after work it's to the river!




apricots. we developed a love/hate relationship during this time.
let's just say i didn't have the time of my life picking fruit in ettrick. in the end i did two, three week stints. during the second go round i found myself living with a career criminal in a house that pretty much amounted to a stable without the straw. he was quite chatty and i often found myself trapped in a conversation i wanted nothing to do with. one time he says to me, "yeah, i'd go back to jail. i mean shit man it's free rent, food, and dental." yeah dude, can't beat that.
this guy also wasn't the best looking bloke i've ever come across. he was very short and has been bald since he was like 15. a chainsmoker, a cigarette is forever dangling from his lips. anyway, his looks didn't deter him from going after girls. or at least talking about going after them. whenever he would see a girl, and i mean any girl, he would always say, and i'll never forget this, "she'd look better with me hangin' out of her! hehe!" oh.my.god.


2 comments:

  1. at least the trees are wee - imagine if you had to hang from a tall ladder...... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh justyn, i hung from many a tall tree and ladder... and to answer your earlier question, yes, the flower did work. a semi-truck driver picked me up. he liked it.

    ReplyDelete